Arkansas’s Lifetime Sports Betting Handle Hits $500 Million

Arkansas Mobile Sports Betting

The lifetime sports betting handle in Arkansas surpassed $500 million.
Arkansas residents bet over $22 million in August, pushing the state’s lifetime handle to $508.77 million.
Arkansas launched mobile sports betting in March 2022.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Arkansas sports betting reached an impressive milestone of $500 million in August. That number expects to climb as bettors utilize mobile sports betting in the Natural State.

The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration reported a legal sports betting handle of $22,533,214 in August. That number projects to increase in following months with the return of betting on college football and the NFL.

Arkansas earned $1,673,538 in revenue for August, bringing their lifetime revenue over the $50 million mark. The state has a 10% hold all-time, which ties Massachusetts for the 11th-highest hold percentage in the country.

Mobile Sports Betting Responsible For $500 Million Milestone

The long journey of legal Arkansas sports betting has paid off with online sports betting. The Arkansas Racing Commission approved legislation allowing mobile sports betting to launch in March 2022.

Scot Hardin, spokesperson of the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, said that mobile apps received 85% of legal sports betting in the state since Jan. 1. Retail casino locations received the remaining 15% of sports wagers in the state.

Hardin also said the state should see a handle of roughly $300 million in 2023 with the continuation of football season. Roughly $370 million of Arkansas’ current lifetime sports betting handle was placed since April of 2022.

That’s no coincidence, as Southland’s Betly became the first legal online sportsbook available in Arkansas in April of 2022. Bet Saracen launched in May 2022 and Oaklawn became the third and final online sportsbook to launch in August 2022.

Advertising Disclosure

In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.

News tags: Arkansas | Arkansas Racing Commission | Scott Hardin

Zach Kelly

Zach graduated from Florida State University with a degree in Writing, Editing, and Media. Zach is interested in the legalization aspect of sports betting and enjoys participating in DFS. He has a passion for sports writing and most enjoys writing about football and baseball both professional and collegiate.

Author: Bobby Lopez